Ferndale Area Jr.-Sr. High School!
National Rankings Best High Schools
US News and World Reports evaluated more than 21,000 public high schools in 49 states and the District of Columbia. Schools were awarded gold, silver or bronze medals based on state proficiency standards and how well they prepare students for college. Once again for 2012-2013, Ferndale Area School District received a bronze medal award for being one of the best high schools in the United States. The determination was based on student-teacher ratio, college readiness, and PSSA scores in Math and Reading.
Revised School Calendar!
|1973 Class Reunion|
Welcome to Ferndale Area School District
Home of the Yellow Jackets!
We are Big Enough To Challenge, Small Enough To Care!, and have been referred to as a public school in a private school setting. We are proud of our academic accomplishments, our dedication to the personal growth of students, and the standard of excellence we hold ourselves to in our professional practices. We invite you to explore our website to learn more about Ferndale Area.
A few highlights include:
- 14th best of 500 districts in PA for improved PSSA scores districtwide from 2002-2009
- Ferndale Area High School was awarded a bronze medal for student achievement in 2007-2008, 2008-2009, and 2011-2012, 2012-2013 from US News and World Report’s list of America’s best high schools.
- Our district is ranked 3rd in Pennsylvania for being a public school district overachiever
- 4 Keystone Achievement Awards for successive attainment of adequate yearly progress on the state PSSA exams.
- High Teacher to Student ratio (1:15)
- Extensive Technology integration (4 full computer labs, 3 laptop carts, 11 CFF classrooms)
- Full-time K4 program
- All day Kindergarten
- Educational Programs in place include: Elementary Guided Reading, Secondary Literacy, EveryDay Math, 4Sight Formative Assessments, Diagnostic Reading Assessments (DRA2), Study Island Suite, TEAMS Science, K-12 Technology Curriculum, Full range of Industrial Arts programs, Family & Consumer Science program, H.A.L.T. Bullying Prevention Program, Dual-enrollment for college credit (24 credits offered in-house), on-line college classes in advanced studies (77 credits offered) , vocational education with the Greater Johnstown Career and Technology Center as well as work study opportunities
- First district in Pennsylvania to have ALL teaching staff using the SAS (Standards Aligned Systems) website for teacher pages/calendars.
Please contact our Elementary or Secondary schools for more information about any of these topics.