David Gates - Business Manager
Education HOOD COLLEGE, Frederick, MD,
Master of Business Administration (Finance Concentration)
SAINT FRANCIS COLLEGE, Loretto, PA, December 2000
Bachelor of Science in Management
Bachelor of Science in Economics and Finance
3.84 cumulative GPA
Experience Business Manager, Ferndale Area School District
Johnstown, PA, March 2017-Present
Manages, supervises and/or performs district required duties in the following category areas:
- Cash Management and Investments
- Financial Management, Accounting, Reporting, Planning, and Budgeting
- Insurance/Risk Management
- Maintenance and Custodial Operations
- Payroll Accounting, disbursements, policies and procedures
- Purchasing and Supply
- Right to Know Functions
- Tax Administration
- Transportation Operations and Reporting
- Operations of Physical Plant, Facilities Management
Senior Financial Analyst, Johnstown Wire Technologies
Johnstown, PA, September 2016-March 2018
- Prepared annual budget and monthly forecasts.
- Supervised Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Responsible for all aspects of daily cash management, $120 million/year.
- Prepared financial reports.
- Assisted with month-end close process.
Assistant Controller, JWF Industries
Johnstown, PA, July 20I I-September 2016
- Coordinated all Accounting functions.
- Supervised Accounts Payable and General Accounting.
- Responsible for all aspects of daily cash management and banking relationships including
collections, $90 million/year.
- Supported external CPA firm, legal counsel and insurance broker.
- Supported multiple audits (Annual Audit, IRS, Bank, PA Department of Revenue, DCAA, etc.).
- Maintained certifications and documentation required for defense companies.
- Prepared financial presentations for Board Meetings.
Senior Accountant, JWF Industries
Financial Analyst II, DRS-Signal Solutions,
Senior Financial Analyst, Hughes Network Systems,
Germantown, MD, April 2003-July 2004
- Prepared cash flow, income statement and balance sheet forecasts.
- Generated margin analyses, assisted in Quotes-To-Orders for customer proposals.
- Tracked inventory, standard costs and manufacturing variances.
- Assisted in development of 5-year strategic plans.
- Responsible for cash collections, approximately $20 million per year.
- Performed credit analyses on potential customers.
- Represented the Finance Department for SAP integration and other IT solutions.
- Received award from North American Business Group for creation of Excel business models.
- Accountable for Consumer DirecWay revenue recognition and forecasting, $70M/year.
Financial Analyst, Hughes Network Systems
Germantown, MD, January 2001-April 2003
- Prepared budgets, compared actual results vs. forecast, explained variances.
- Prepared monthly R&D, G&A, Marketing and customer program reports for management.
- Provided competitive analysis reports to management.
- Presented Sarbanes-Oxley training session to entire Finance/Accounting Dept.
- Finance and Accounting Management Excellent Award for cost reductions.